It’s no secret that there are a lot of Android viruses around. In fact, that’s a bit of an overstatement. In 2021, AV-Test recorded https://www.av-test.org/en/stosystem/malware/ nearly 3.4 million new Android-only malware and 425,000 by 2022.
You would imagine that your phone is pretty safe from these because you don’t carefully click on links in messages or emails without checking them first and you only install apps from the Google Play Store.
Unfortunately, Google isn’t as good at removing virus-infected apps as you might expect. Add to that the fact that a lot of people assume that phones are immune to viruses and that’s a recipe for disaster.
Viruses can not only wreak havoc on your phone: they can also secretly spy on you, stealing your personal and financial information. Simply put, if you have an Android phone, you should install a reliable, effective antivirus that will always monitor malicious apps and malicious links.
However, don’t worry. If there’s no anti-virus app installed yet and you suspect there may be malware on your phone, it’s not too late: you can install one now and get it to scan your phone for anything.
How to Use Antivirus Apps on Android
Scanning for viruses or any other type of malware is very simple. Just install an app and it will almost certainly perform a scan when you first launch it. This applies to all Android phones, including phones from Samsung, Google, OnePlus and other brands.
Even better, there are great free apps that can do this, such as Avast One, which we’re using here. It’s also available for Windows, macOS, and iOS, so you can run it on all your devices if you want.
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for Avast One.
- Install it – it’s free – and launch the app.
- Tap Start (marked 2, above)
- After a series of messages, tap Continue with the free version, unless you want to pay for the Premium version.
- Tap Run smart scan. This will check for viruses, as well as junk files and any other problems.
- The scan will check all installed apps, as well as your phone’s memory, for viruses and other malware.
- After a few minutes, you will see the scan results. Hopefully it will show No threats found, but if any are detected, follow the prompts to remove them.
- The rest of the smart scan reveals any space that could be freed up, as well as other ‘problems’ – most of which are really just excuses to prompt you to pay for Avast One Premium, although there are benefits, such as an unlimited VPN. Service.
For alternative methods, see our separate guide on how to remove Android viruses.
What is the best antivirus for Android?
There are many choices when it comes to Android antivirus software, including free and paid apps. Avast One is a great choice, so is Norton 360 Deluxe – especially if you have a Windows device and a Mac that needs protection too.
You’ll find more recommendations in our roundup of the best antivirus for Android and the best antivirus for all your devices.
Last, What’s In Your Box sent you details about the topic “How to Scan For a Virus on Android❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How to Scan For a Virus on Android” It will help readers to be more interested in “How to Scan For a Virus on Android [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How to Scan For a Virus on Android” posted by on 2022-03-04 14:43:00. Thank you for reading the article at whatsinyourbox.org