Changing phones is always bittersweet. On the one hand you have a shiny new phone, but on the other hand you have to go through the process of migrating all your data, which is never as easy as we would like.
While moving contacts and photos can be done through Google and Gmail with ease, moving text messages between phones can be a bit trickier. We’re here to show you how.
How to move messages from iPhone to iPhone:
- Turn on iCloud Backup on your old device, found by navigating into Settings, your account, then iCloud, and then Backup.
- Make sure your messages are being saved in iCloud, by going to Settings, then Messages. Enable the “Messages on iCloud” option by tapping the slider so that it shows up in green.
- Tap the “Sync now” button to upload your messages to iCloud instantly.
- Turn on your new iPhone.
- During the new iPhone setup, you’ll see an option to restore it from iCloud. Sign in with your ID and select the most recent backup.
How to transfer messages from Android to Android using SMS Backup & Restore:
- Download SMS Backup & Restore on both your new and old phones and make sure both are connected to the same Wifi network.
- Open the app on both phones and tap “Transfer”. A box will appear explaining how the process works. Select the desired option on each phone, between “Send from this phone” and “Receive on this phone”.
- The phones then search each other over the network. After the sending phone finds the receiving phone, it will appear in the available list. Choose it.
- The receiving phone will receive an invitation from the sending phone. Accept it. You will be presented with two options, select “Transfer text messages and call logs from your phone’s current state” for the most up-to-date records of your messages.
- The sending phone will then transfer the data to the receiving phone, which will take a few minutes. When the process is complete, a prompt will ask if you want to Accept and Restore. Click here to confirm.
- Once you have confirmed your choice, the restore process will begin. When the process is finished, you will see a pop-up window informing that you will have to set SMS Backup & Restore as the default SMS application until the transfer is complete. Click “Ok” and continue.
- You will then be presented with a prompt to change SMS Backup & Restore to your SMS client, press “Yes”.
- The process will now start and it will take some time depending on the amount of data you have to move. Leave it on for a while, and let it run through.
- Once the process is complete, you will see another pop-up with details about the transfer. Skip this and open your messaging app – the call and text logs from your previous phone should be there.
How to transfer messages from iPhone to Android:
- Start by backing up your iPhone. Connect iPhone to your computer and navigate to File > Devices > Backup.
- Once the Backup is complete, you will have to locate the file containing the text messages on your computer.
- If you’re on a PC, you’ll find this inside /users/(username)/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/Mobile Sync. If you’re on a Mac, it’ll be in /(user)/Library/Application Support/Mobile Sync/Backup.
- Select the folder with the most recent timestamp, open it up and find the file named after ‘3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28’.
- Once you’ve found the file, transfer it to your Android device.
- Download and install an app called iSMS2droid on your phone, open it up and tap “Select iPhone SMS Database” and find the file you just transferred to your device. This will convert the data file into something Android can interact with.
- Install SMS Backup & Restore on your Android phone. Open it up, select “Recover” and find the file created by iSMS2droid.
- Select “Restore All Messages”. Once the update is complete, you should now have all your iPhone messages on your Android device.
To transfer messages from Android to iPhone:
- After your new iPhone boots up, you’ll be prompted to choose a Wifi network. You will then be given several options to migrate your data. Select “Migrate data from Android”.
- On your old Android phone, install the “Switch to iOS” app that can be found in the Play Store and open it up.
- Continue from “Migrate data from Android” and you will eventually see an option to “Find your code”. Click next.
- When continuing on your Android device, you’ll need to confirm the transfer by entering the code displayed on your iPhone, then wait for the transfer window to pop up on your Android device. When the window comes up, select ‘Messages’ and whatever else you want to transfer to your new phone, then press next to start the transfer.
If you are changing phones then you will appreciate our guide on how to move your photos and move your contacts too!
Last, What’s In Your Box sent you details about the topic “How to Move Text Messages to a New Phone❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How to Move Text Messages to a New Phone” It will help readers to be more interested in “How to Move Text Messages to a New Phone [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How to Move Text Messages to a New Phone” posted by on 2017-12-14 09:54:00. Thank you for reading the article at whatsinyourbox.org