The Netflix Party browser extension – allowing users to stream TV and movies together – has now been renamed Teleparty. Besides being compatible with Netflix, Teleparty now also works with Disney Plus, Hulu, and HBO Max for US viewers.
Additionally, as well as remaining a Google Chrome extension, the add-on is now also downloadable on the Microsoft Edge browser. The red ‘N’ that was previously in your extensions will now show up as a red ‘TP’ to reflect the change. It also remains completely free to download and is available worldwide.
The process for hosting viewing parties is the same across all platforms, although users on Hulu and HBO Max will have ads in their shared streams. The extension is only available on desktop browsers – you won’t be able to download the app version, which means it can’t be viewed on mobile phones or tablets.
Also keep in mind that Disney+ and Hulu both have their own side view functionality, as do Amazon Prime and BBC iPlayer, so if you’re using one of those services, you might be better off using the built-in tools. available.
How to download Teleparty and have a watch party
If you want to throw a viewing party on Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, or HBO, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to netflixparty.com and select ‘Teleparty Settings’.
- This will take you to the browser extensions page – select ‘Add to Chrome/Microsoft Edge’.
- You should now see a red TP in your extensions list – pin the extension to your dock.
- Go to Netflix, Disney+, HBO or Hulu and click on the extension.
- Start the party and choose whether you want sole control over the playback controls.
- Copy the URL and send it to the people you want to join the group to see – they must have an account with the streaming service. They should click on the link and select the red ‘TP’ extension to join.
- You’ll now see your friends in the viewing party’s chat window – and depending on your settings, you or all of the group will be able to control playback.
Note that Teleparty only supports text chat. If you want voice chat along with that, you’ll need third-party software like Messenger, Skype, Discord, WhatsApp, or Google Meet running separately.
If members of your team haven’t signed up for the service you’d like to see, here’s the price for each of them, along with links to sign up:
Sadly both Hulu and HBO Max are US exclusives, but there are ways to watch both Hulu outside the US and HBO Max in the UK. You can also check out our roundup of the best TV streaming services to see which has the best value for money.
Last, What’s In Your Box sent you details about the topic “How to host a watch party on Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max and Hulu❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How to host a watch party on Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max and Hulu” It will help readers to be more interested in “How to host a watch party on Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max and Hulu [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How to host a watch party on Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max and Hulu” posted by on 2021-02-23 12:05:00. Thank you for reading the article at whatsinyourbox.org