Group video calling is more important than ever during the COVID-19 pandemic, and with years of experience, Skype is the right choice for many people to connect with friends, family and colleagues while social distancing. Skype is a great choice not only because it offers the ability to video chat with up to 50 people at a time, but also because it’s available on almost any platform – the same cannot be said for FaceTime. and Google Duo.
For those who are new to the world of Skype, we break down how to create group video chats on desktop and mobile.
Group video chat on PC, Mac, Linux and web
Whether you’re using Skype on PC, Mac, Linux, or the web, the process of setting up a group video chat is identical. To chat with friends or colleagues on the desktop:
- Open Skype and sign in with your credentials.
- Click the New Chat button (the + icon) and click New Group Chat.
- Enter a name for your group – unlike other messaging platforms, this is not optional. You can also add a group photo by clicking the Camera icon, but unlike the group name, this is not required.
- Click the arrow to the right to create your group.
- Select the contact you want to video chat with. You can do this by selecting contacts from your suggested list, or you can use the search function to find a specific person. You can add up to 50 people to a Skype video chat, so don’t be shy!
- Click Done to save your changes and click the Call Group button to get started.
- Once connected to a group call, simply click the video camera icon to turn on your webcam and video chat.
Group Video Chat on iOS and Android
While the process is a bit lengthy if you’re using Skype on desktop, the group video chat experience on iOS and Android is more streamlined and doesn’t require you to create a group first. If you want to chat with your friends using Skype on iOS or Android:
- Download Skype from the relevant app store and sign in with your credentials if you haven’t already.
- In the Chats tab, tap the new chat icon in the top right – it looks like a pen and paper.
- Select the New Call icon and select the people you want to video chat with. Just like with Skype on desktop, you can invite up to 50 people to a single group video chat on Skype on iOS and Android.
- When you’re ready, tap Call to start the conversation.
- Once connected, tap the camera icon to turn on your selfie camera and start a video chat.
If you want to chat with an existing group:
- Tap the chat and tap the video icon in the top right.
- Tap ‘Group Ringing’ to notify others in the chat that you want to have a video group chat.
- Wait for your friends to join and enjoy!
If you want to use a different video platform, we have guides on how to group video chat on Google Duo, FaceTime, Facebook Messenger and more.
Last, What’s In Your Box sent you details about the topic “How to Group Video Chat on Skype: Desktop & Mobile❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How to Group Video Chat on Skype: Desktop & Mobile” It will help readers to be more interested in “How to Group Video Chat on Skype: Desktop & Mobile [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How to Group Video Chat on Skype: Desktop & Mobile” posted by on 2020-03-27 16:17:00. Thank you for reading the article at whatsinyourbox.org