You would be forgiven for thinking that fax communication is a thing of the past, but many businesses and government agencies still prefer to use it via email due to safety concerns. Today, you don’t even need a fax machine or a phone line to send a fax – your computer can do it all with the help of some simple software.
How fax machines work
Traditionally, faxes were sent and received by two fax machines at either end of an active phone line. When a document is sent, the fax machine makes a call to the recipient’s fax machine. On the other end this call is answered, and the document is transferred to the second fax machine over the phone line.
Preparing a document for faxing can be a complex undertaking, with the sender having to first scan the document and then send it. The recipient must rescan the document to turn it into a digital file before using it.
How to send fax online
It is possible to connect a fax machine to the internet and send faxes over this medium, but setup can be expensive. You will need access to many resources, for example a gateway that can allow documents to be transferred over the internet securely.
Instead, various online fax services can help shoulder some of this cost. Services like CocoFax offer the option of faxing from your computer for free or in return for a small fee depending on how often you use it.
How to send and receive faxes on your PC with CocoFax
Send a fax on your computer
CocoFax allows you to send and receive faxes on your PC easily. The software does all the hard work for you and you don’t need a fax machine or a scanner – just a computer and internet connection.
- Register for online fax service
- Log in to your account and click Send Fax
- Enter the recipient’s fax number in the To field in country code + fax number format
- Attach documents to be faxed
- Click Send and your fax will be faxed to the recipient’s fax machine
You can also submit covers, schedule communications, and take advantage of other valuable features offered by CocoFax.
Receive faxes on your computer
If you subscribe to an online fax service, you can also receive faxes on your computer without the need for a fax machine or a phone line.
- Sign in to your online fax service account
- Check your inbox: all received faxes sent to your fax number will appear here
Send fax by email
You can also send fax messages directly in your email client.
- Register yourself for an online fax service
- Open your email service provider and compose a message
- Attach the document you want to fax
- Enter the recipient’s fax number and fax service name in the To field
- Click Send
Receive fax by email
To receive faxes through your email client, you will need your own fax number. This will usually be assigned to you by your online fax service provider.
- Sign up for the online fax service, then choose and sign up for a price plan
- Get your fax number
- Share this number with your contact who will fax you the document
Why send and receive faxes via computer?
Sending and receiving faxes using an online service and your PC is much simpler and more convenient than messing around with fax machines and phone lines. There are also other advantages:
- Save time and money – you don’t need to waste paper or invest in fax machines
- Organize documents – most online fax services give you the cloud space to safely store your documents
- Send and receive faxes from mobile devices – when you’re not in front of your computer, your phone or tablet will do the trick
- Sign documents online – most fax services allow you to digitally sign documents, thus streamlining your workflow
- Advanced Encryption Protocols
Last, What’s In Your Box sent you details about the topic “How to fax from a computer without a phone line or fax machine❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How to fax from a computer without a phone line or fax machine” It will help readers to be more interested in “How to fax from a computer without a phone line or fax machine [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How to fax from a computer without a phone line or fax machine” posted by on 2020-08-18 13:00:00. Thank you for reading the article at whatsinyourbox.org