Bluetooth speakers are great and you can connect one to your phone, but how do you pair one with a Windows PC or laptop? We’ll show you how with these simple steps.
It is especially useful when you don’t have a fixed PC speaker or the built-in speakers in your laptop are of poor quality. We will show you how to do this in Windows 10.
How to connect a Bluetooth speaker in Windows 10
first) The first step is to open the Settings app (Start then cog wheel) and select ‘Devices’ – make sure it’s the newer Settings app first introduced in Windows 8 and not the Panel More advanced controls.
2) In the Device menu, select the Bluetooth tab on the left side and switch Bluetooth to the on switch if it says off.
3) Turn on your Bluetooth speaker and put it into pairing mode. The method of enabling pairing mode varies between manufacturers – see your Bluetooth speaker’s manual for more details on how to do this. Most will have a dedicated pairing button.
4) Once in pairing mode, go back to the Bluetooth menu on your PC and wait for the speaker to pop up in the list of detected devices.
5) Click on devices and then on pair – depending on the Bluetooth speaker, you may be asked to enter a number to complete the pairing process, but not always.
6) Once connected, all Windows 10 audio will be rerouted through the Bluetooth speaker.
If that’s not the case and there’s no sound playing back through your speakers, left-click the volume icon in the bottom right corner of Windows and select it as the source above the volume slider.
If not, right click and open the sound settings where you can also select the source.
It’s also important to note that some apps may need to be restarted for the changes to take effect – we’ve found this to be true of apps like iTunes and Spotify in the past, along with many PC games.
Which speaker should I buy?
Now that you know how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your PC/laptop in Windows 10, the next decision you need to make is which Bluetooth speaker to buy. Don’t worry, though, as the Tech Advisory team has done all the work and has two separate charts full of great Bluetooth speakers.
For those who don’t want to pay too much for a Bluetooth speaker, we bring you our ranking of the best budget Bluetooth speakers. However, for those who value high-quality sound no matter the price, you should check out our ranking of premium Bluetooth speakers. There, we explain the things you should look out for when buying a Bluetooth speaker such as water resistance, NFC support, etc., along with some of our personal favorite speakers that we’ve used and rated for ourselves.
Last, What’s In Your Box sent you details about the topic “How to Connect a Bluetooth Speaker to Windows 10: Laptop & PC❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How to Connect a Bluetooth Speaker to Windows 10: Laptop & PC” It will help readers to be more interested in “How to Connect a Bluetooth Speaker to Windows 10: Laptop & PC [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How to Connect a Bluetooth Speaker to Windows 10: Laptop & PC” posted by on 2020-03-23 13:02:00. Thank you for reading the article at whatsinyourbox.org