The release of iOS 14 is a particularly exciting one thanks to several new additions to the iOS roster. Widgets are the big new feature that allows users to move widgets from Today View to the Home screen, just like Android, but the customization doesn’t stop there. Savvy iOS users have also noticed that you can change app icons in iOS 14, with some impressive results. (We’ve all seen it
Windows 98 themed home screenthe right?).
If adding fancy new widgets and wallpapers to your iOS 14 Home Screen wasn’t enough to ease the itch, here’s how to customize your iPhone’s app icons in iOS 14
How to Customize App Icons in iOS 14
The idea of changing your app icons is an interesting one, and it’s doable in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, but there are some limitations that users should be aware of.
The biggest thing is that tapping the new app icon won’t open the app of your choice – not initially, anyway. Tapping any custom app icon will take you to Apple’s Shortcuts app, which will then automatically run a script that opens the app. The whole process takes a few seconds, but it’s a bit jarring compared to opening a regular app.
The second limitation is that custom app icons won’t show app notification badges, so you might miss important messages or tweets.
If you don’t mind the workarounds, here’s how to change your app icons in iOS 14:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Shortcuts app.
- Tap the + icon at the top right to add a new shortcut.
- Tap Add action.
- Search for Open Apps in the search bar and tap it to add an action to your shortcut.
- In the Scripting element, tap Select.
- Search and select the app whose icon you want to customize.
- Tap the three dots in the top right.
- Tap Add to Home Screen.
- Tap the default app icon and browse for your new app icon, be it in the Photos app or in Files.
- Rename the shortcut to the app you chose to replace it with.
- Tap More in the top right.
- Name the shortcut and tap Done to save it.
Return to the Home screen and you will see your new app icon, ready to use. If you want to get rid of your original app without deleting it, see how to remove apps from the Home screen in iOS 14. And, to get more out of Apple’s latest software update, check out iOS 14 Top tips and tricks.
Last, What’s In Your Box sent you details about the topic “How to Change App Icons in iOS 14: Customised Home Screen❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How to Change App Icons in iOS 14: Customised Home Screen” It will help readers to be more interested in “How to Change App Icons in iOS 14: Customised Home Screen [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How to Change App Icons in iOS 14: Customised Home Screen” posted by on 2020-09-23 15:13:00. Thank you for reading the article at whatsinyourbox.org