While biometrics is becoming increasingly a popular way to log in to PCs and laptops, many people still rely on an old-fashioned password.
But this combination of letters, numbers, and special characters acts as a gateway to your entire device, so what if you forget it?
If this is a shared PC, you might be in luck. There is a way to change the password through the administrator, providing an easy way to get back into your account.
How to change another user’s password on Windows 10
Before we continue, we should mention that this guide will lose EFS encrypted files, personal certificates and passwords are stored. Many people don’t use EFS encryption and can easily re-enter those passwords (or click the forgot password button?), but it’s worth noting.
The process below involves using the Control Panel, so it should be roughly the same on Windows 8:
- Make sure you’re signed in to the administrator’s account. Any other account will not be able to change other users’ passwords
- Open Control Panel, the easiest way is to search for it on the taskbar
- Click ‘User Accounts’ from the screen that appears
- Select ‘User Accounts’ again and select ‘Manage other accounts’
- Click the user for which you want to change the password. If you don’t see ‘Password Protect’ under their name, it means they can log in without entering a password
- In the ‘Make changes to ……’ screen, click ‘Change password’.
If you don’t see this option, you may need to reset your Microsoft account password
- Enter a new password in both the top boxes, as well as the hint below, then press ‘Change Password’
That’s it! Now, when you try to log in to the affected account, the new password will work.
However, it’s a small consolation if you only have one user on your PC or can’t log into the admin account. In that case, here’s how to access the laptop without a password. We also have instructions on how to set a temporary password or
remove it completely.
Last, What’s In Your Box sent you details about the topic “How to Change Another User’s Password in Windows 10❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How to Change Another User’s Password in Windows 10” It will help readers to be more interested in “How to Change Another User’s Password in Windows 10 [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How to Change Another User’s Password in Windows 10” posted by on 2020-08-13 11:40:00. Thank you for reading the article at whatsinyourbox.org