Minecraft is one of the most popular games ever and is available for almost every platform, from PC to Mac and even iOS and Android. It runs really well on most devices, but it can always be better – especially if you have a PC with plenty of RAM to take advantage of.
While allocating more RAM in Minecraft used to be quite complicated, the release of the third-party ATLauncher changed all that. Here’s how to allocate more RAM in Minecraft on PC and also those running Minecraft on the server.
If you like the voxel-based gameplay Minecraft has to offer, be sure to check out our list of the best alternatives to Minecraft.
How to allocate more RAM in Minecraft
While it used to be a complicated task to manually allocate more RAM in Minecraft, there is now a handy mod that eliminates all manual code editing. Here’s how to do it:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Minecraft installed.
- Check your computer’s total RAM by going to Start > Settings > System > About.
- Download and install ATLauncher.
- Open the ATLauncher app.
- On the right side of the launcher, select Settings.
- Select the Java/Minecraft tab.
- Enter the amount of RAM you want to use (in MB, not GB) in the Maximum MemoryRam field or use the arrows to adjust the value 0.5GB at a time.
- Click to save.
And that’s it! The next time you upload Minecraft, it will use the specific amount of RAM you allotted.
Note: In October 2020, developer Mojang announced that Minecraft will soon require a Microsoft account to play. ATLauncher has said that this change will affect it, but has not detailed how it will work. In the meantime, you should pause migrating your Minecraft account to a Microsoft account if you want to use ATLauncher. Check the ATLauncher website for the latest details on when it will officially support the new account system.
How to allocate more RAM in Minecraft Server
The process for adjusting the amount of RAM Minecraft uses when it’s hosted on the server is a bit different, as it’s not included in the ATLauncher. It’s not too complicated though:
- Open your Minecraft server folder (the folder containing the Minecraft_server.exe file that you launch the Minecraft server with). If you are unsure of the location, search for “Minecraft_server” on your PC.
- Click Home > New Item > Text Document on PC to create a text document in the server folder.
- In a new text document, paste the following (if on a PC):
java -Xmx #### M -Xms #### M -exe Minecraft_Server.exe -o true
- Replace #### with the value, in MB, that you want to allocate (1GB = 1024MB). For example, if you want to allocate 2GB of RAM, you enter 2048.
- Click File > Save As… and change Save As to All Files. Name the file server launcher and change the extension from .txt to .bat.
- The file you’ve created will now be the new launcher for your Minecraft server – just double click it to run it. Using a .bat file to launch the server automatically allocates the specified amount of RAM.
See, easy right? Now go back to enjoying your voxel based game with better performance than ever!
Last, What’s In Your Box sent you details about the topic “How To Allocate More RAM In Minecraft❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How To Allocate More RAM In Minecraft” It will help readers to be more interested in “How To Allocate More RAM In Minecraft [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How To Allocate More RAM In Minecraft” posted by on 2020-11-16 17:00:00. Thank you for reading the article at whatsinyourbox.org